Ernie Ball Music Man John Myung Bongo 6 HH
The John Myung artist series Bongo is a sleek, ultra-modern 6 string bass crafted and perfected to John's exacting specifications. With over a decade long refinement process, John and the Ernie Ball Music Man engineering team have addressed a multitude of design features to further enhance comfortability, playability, and overall performance. Some key features include a simplified control layout with preprogrammed equalization, a perfectly balanced compact basswood body mated to a maple neck with 5 string nut width for tighter string spacing, and a golden ratio fretboard utilizing a combination of rosewood and roasted maple for an elegant aesthetic. This instrument is truly an artist inspired design that facilitates John's needs as a performance artist and master technician.
- 6-string bass with 5-string Bongo dimensions, resulting in a tighter string spacing of 19/64" (7.5mm) at the nut and 35/64" (14mm) at the bridge
- Simplified controls: volume and pickup blend
- 5-way pickup blend knob is notched for precise and easy-to-access pickup blend combos
- No visible pole pieces for smooth, sleek aesthetic
- Rosewood and maple fretboard mathematically divided using the golden ratio